Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stormy Weather

We are having severe thunderstorms in AL this afternoon.  The thunder is shaking the house.  It surprises me that this house shakes.  Brick all over, but the frame is still wood and you can definitely tell it when the thunder rolls. 

One of my childhood friends' Mother is not doing well.  She has had a long, good life, but it is probably close to over.  She is such a sweet, caring woman.  We use to go to her house after Jr High School and watch Dark Shadows.  She would give us cookies and let us lay on the floor.  She was my mother's great friend.  I know they will have a delightful reunion in heaven soon. 

Doug has been gone since June 4th.  We've talked on the phone and I've seen some facebook pictures of him hiking, but I sure miss him.  He is having a blast and probably doesn't even want to come home.  His apartment at Bama is ready and he will move in there around Aug 8th.

I wish that somehow Dad's shingles could go away.  He has had them since June 15th 2010.  He takes so much medication that he wouldn't need if the pain would just stop.  The doctors (he has seen five) don't give any hope that it will go away.  Most people have shingles for a few weeks or even a couple of months.  Not my sweet Dad.  It makes me very angry that he has to have so much pain every day from something as stupid as chicken pox virus.

The whole political scene is heating up.  Hard to understand why everything has to be so  complicated. Romney is ahead in the polls now on the GOP side. It will be interesting to see who wins. 

No comments: